It's Whatever You Make It!
Career Track or a Good Summer Job
" The distinguishing feature between legendary restaurants and mediocre ones lies in the absolute commitment to mastering the details."
This quote from an unknown source sums up the philosophy behind our work ethic. Our success lies in mastering the details of every job within the restaurant from the most menial to the most visibly important. We are professionals in a field that is not generally known for it's professional approach. Too many people think that what we do is easy or just a way to make money before we get a real job. For those who believe this, please don't come to us for a job.
For those who believe in hard work and achievement, that respect in the workplace is important and that character means more than skill, please call us. We want people like you, and we think that we offer an attractive work atmosphere and compensation package.
We take seriously the prospects of your success with this company - for two reasons. First, it costs us money to train; we do not want to do it too often. Second, and most important, the success of this restaurant is directly related to how well you perform as a part of the team.
When you come to work for us we are committed to supplying you with the time and tools to learn the job. It is our responsibility to have in place the system that will set you up for success. When the responsibility for performance shifts from us to you we are there for support - always. The word "team" is not used around here as a shield. Together everyone achieves more.
We have several people working with us that started with the company on July 15, 1989 - opening day of the Blue Point, and many more who have been with us for more than five years. We must be doing something right. People do not work in a job for long just because of compensation. In fact, in all national surveys the most important motivation to stay with a company is not pay, but the respect one feels he or she is given by owners and managers. Many of our servers and chefs who have moved on have done so to open their own restaurants, a fact that makes us very proud.
When one is hired by those two guys, inc. we promise:
- from day one, we will give you all of the tools you will need to succeed in this company
- the lines of communication will always be open
- we will treat you with respect and be completely honest in every encounter
- we will strive to give you every available opportunity for personal and professional growth
It is our philosophy that we are only as good as our staff. And we are very good.
Most of our hiring is done in the early spring through early summer (seasonal or year-round positions) and then again in late summer and early fall (short term or year-round positions).
We have a lot to offer...
- Accredited Extern Program in place with several Culinary Schools. Contact administration at your school if you are interested, or ask us for help in setting it up. (Limited housing is available.)
- Training is thorough, with the purpose of setting you up for success. We give you the time and materials to enable you to perform the tasks we ask of you. You will also be trained by the best on the beach.
- Honesty & Communication between owners/management and staff is stressed. We are always available to talk, advise or just listen. You can expect constructive feedback at all levels.
- Respect is accorded to all who work for us. You don't have to earn it to get it; you can only earn the loss of it.
- Excellent Pay and Benefits are enthusiastically offered to deserving people. We know that our Employee Benefits Program is unheard of in restaurants of our size, but we believe in the value of good people.
- Higher than average starting wage
- Health Insurance Assistance*
- Employer/Employee Funded Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing *
- Paid Vacations*
- Employee Meal Program
- Flexible Scheduling
- Discounts in the restaurants
*Applicable to full-time employees after one year.
- Professional Team of Chefs We maintain a full-time, year round, salaried team of top-notch chefs. Even when we don't have an immediate opening, we like to talk with anyone interested in pursuing a position on this team.
- Positive, Motivated Management Team Our management team is made of highly skilled and conscientious people. They manage our business hands-on, not from the office. There is always someone in the restaurant to take responsibility and make sure our guests are getting what they deserve.
- Promotion from within the company is always our first avenue to fill needed management or supervisory roles.