If you want to be certain to get a table (or bar stool) at THE BLUE POINT, getting an advance reservation is a must. Other Duck, NC, restaurants might not require them, but we're happy to say that from year one, it's been almost a necessity here. (That said, see the message in italics below.) Here are some BLUE POINTERS:
Online reservations for the same day are cut off at 5 pm.
Reservations for lunch or dinner are accepted up to four weeks in advance.
Online reservations are limited to groups of eight or less. Reservations for more than eight are very limited. Please call us.
We do leave some tables unreserved, so it is possible to get in without a reservation. Wait times for these tables vary night to night.
Some Fine Print:
- In season, THE BLUE POINT does not seat parties larger than eight. (We do have one table that we will book for up to 12 at 5:30 pm and again at 8:30.) This rule is flexible off season.
- A reservation will not be seated until the entire group is present.
- Large parties will not be broken into two groups and seated at the same time.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests for certain tables; however, remember that most everyone does request a table by the water!
- Our bar stools are reserved for dinner just as a chair in the dining room is.
- We keep a few booster seats on hand (no belts) but do not have, or allow, free-standing high chairs.